The Royal Wedding is expected to cost a staggering Ksh 4 billion
Wedding planning company Bridebook has calculated how much they think will be spent on flowers, food, entertainment and, of course, the dress
WEDDINGS can be seriously expensive – but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s nuptials will reportedly cost a staggering Ksh 3.8 billion.
Now experts have revealed exactly how they think this price tag will be broken down. Here’s the lowdown…
Wedding planning company Bridebook has calculated how much they think will be spent on flowers, food, entertainment and, of course, the dress.
Bridebook also guess that big day, taking place in Windsor on May 19, will earn the couple a place on the list of the top ten most expensive weddings of all time – ahead of William and Kate’s.
The experts says the bulk of the royal costs will be spent on security – with Meghan’s dress, the flowers, food and drinks coming in at nearly a million pounds.
Other costs associated with the day include the fact that Windsor will be locked down for the day, with a heavy police presence put in place, as well as crowd control and restrictions placed on shops and restaurants.
Extra security measures may include snipers, undercover police and military tech, such as a counter-drone system.
This huge security bill is expected to be higher than William and Kate’s wedding, even though their wedding was larger, due to the ongoing terrorist threat level.
Bridebook’s breakdown of some of the key costs include:
- Ksh 10 million for 20 silver-plated trumpets that will announce the event
- Ksh 5.9 million on the lemon elderflower cake from Violet Bakery in East London
- Ksh 13 million on flowers to adorn the aisles of St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle and St George’s Great Hall
- Ksh 35.6 million to hire the glass marquee for the evening reception in the grounds of Frogmore House
- Ksh 3 million on sausage rolls and hot tea for the 2,640 members of the public who have been invited
- Ksh 3.5 billion on security measures
- Ksh 35.6 to 47.5 million on Meghan’s dress