The Duchess of Sussex has won a case against UK publisher Mail on Sunday in the latest stage of a legal battle that started in 2018 when Markle moved to court seeking to restrain the publication from publishing private letters between her and her estranged father Thomas Markle.
Earlier this year, the former actress had won the case when a high court judge ruled in her favour. However, the Associated Mail Newspapers which owns Mail on Sunday appealed the decision challenging Meghan's accusations against the publisher which included breach of privacy and copyright.
While annoucning their verdict on Thursday, the three judges hearing the case said that "The judge had correctly decided that, whilst it might have been proportionate to publish a very small part of the letter for that purpose, it was not necessary to publish half the contents of the letter."
The judges further ruled that the contents of the letters in question were private, deeply personal and not of public interest.
In a statement released to the press, the Duchess of Sussex celebrated the ruling while at the same time calling out tabloid industry, which she said, "conditions people to be cruel, and profits from the lies and pain that they create."
"This is a victory not just for me, but for anyone who has ever felt scared to stand up for what's right," she said.
Featured Image: People.com