A new study done by Victoria Milan, a dating website for married people looking to cheat, surveyed 5 000 women currently cheating on their partners and came up with a top 10 list of industries with the most cheat-prone people.
The survey found that 65% of women who cheat do so at work. Some of the reasons cited for this included the idea that cheating made work more “fun” and “exciting”. The study noted that the workplace was one of the easiest places to find and connect with someone.
“The survey shows that even though there’s a risk to your career, having an affair at work makes life a lot more pleasant. At the same time, the majority of cheaters would steer clear of mixing work with pleasure – not because it damages their career, but because they are at risk of being found out or will feel uncomfortable,” said Sigurd Vedal, founder and chief executive of Victoria Milan.
While DJs are often thought to be some of the most unfaithful partners, they only ranked seventh on the list. The industry with people who are most likely to cheat was found to be the financial sector, which includes bankers, brokers and analysts.
Holding the second and third spot on the list were women in the aviation and healthcare industries respectively.
Here’s the top 10 list of industries with the most cheats:
- Financial (bankers, brokers, analysts, etc.)
- Aviation (pilots, flight attendants, flight pursers, etc.)
- Healthcare (doctors, nurses, nursing assistants, etc.)
- Business (CEOs, managers, secretaries, etc.)
- Sports (athletes, instructors, representatives, etc.)
- Arts (musicians, models, actors, photographers, etc.)
- Nightlife industry (DJs, dancers, waiters, etc.)
- Communication (journalists, public relations, etc.)
- Legal (lawyers, secretaries, judges, prosecutors, etc.)
- Other sectors.
Source: The Star UK