BBQ Chicken & Roasted Sweet Potatoes is a hearty and healthy combo perfect for lunches for work or dinner after a tiresome day at work. It is a meal bursting with bold flavors and nutritious vegetables. This easy sheet pan recipe will help you save your lunch money and leave you feeling totally satisfied.
The ingredients are easily available and quite inexpensive. You will need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c. BBQ sauce, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into ½” chunks. Chop the onion into 1-inch pieces and add to a lined sheet pan along with the sweet potatoes. Toss the sweet potatoes and onions with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, ¼ tsp. salt, garlic powder and chipotle powder and toss until well combined. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and push to one side of the pan. Add the broccoli and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and ¼ tsp. salt. Add the chicken breasts and brush with ¼ c. BBQ sauce. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 400° until the chicken is done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and shred the chicken breasts. Toss the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce. Add to bowls along with the roasted vegetables and serve immediately.