Nairobi Governor, Mike Mbuvi Sonko assault charge on Coast regional police commander Rashid Yakub have been dropped. Rashid has now submitted an application to drop any charges against Mike Sonko at the Voi Law Courts.

Image result for mike sonko parents magazine
parents africa

Rashid Yakub told the court to withdraw the case as he was not interested in it anymore.

READ ALSO: DCI urged to take action againsk Sonko’s journalist attack

The charges aforementioned were as a result of the governor hitting the commander, apparently in self defense.  The governor was to be arraigned in court over corruption allegations. The dramatic arrest that ensued last month saw Sonko get charged with assault, offensive conduct and resisting arrest.

Trouble with the MCK

Sonko had also got into trouble with the MCK over journalists’ assault.

The Media Council of Kenya decried Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi alias Sonko’s assault on a journalist at the EACC headquarters. The Governor was Tuesday seen physically assaulting a journalist at the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission where he had been summoned over information he presented to enable him to run for the Nairobi gubernatorial seat back in 2017. The MCK has asked the DCI and DPP to investigate and prosecute those found culpable of the assault.

“The Media Council of Kenya takes great exception by the harassment of journalists by Nairobi city governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko at the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission Headquarters in Nairobi on 5.11.2019,” the Council said