Updated: Aug 3, 2022
- Coverage of this policy
This Policy covers the Company’s treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and other information about you and your computer or device that the Company gathers when you are accessing the Service. We may collect Personal Information from you, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you, to fulfil your requests for certain products and services, and to analyze how you use the services. In certain cases, we may also share some personal information with third parties, but only as described in point 4.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
- Information we collect
- We collect Personal Information you enter on or through the Service, such as when you create a Parents ePaper account, purchase a magazine/subscription or contact us.
- When you create a Parents ePaper account, we collect your name, email address, mobile number, and password. We collect these basic details so that you can access your subscriptions on multiple devices. Also, when you change your device, these details will help you sync your Parent’s ePaper account and get access to your subscriptions.
- When you purchase a magazine/subscription on our website, we also collect your Address, Phone Number and Card details in certain scenarios. This is done to validate the transactions and we shall clear such data when validations are no longer required. Please note that we don’t store your card details and they are stored only by the payment gateway.
- When you contact us, we collect your email address to provide services and answer your queries.
- The personal information we collect includes third-party account credentials (for example, your log-in credentials for Facebook, Twitter, Google or other third-party sites).
- We also collect information associated with your use of the application in order to make personalized recommendations. If you provide your third-party account credentials to us, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts (“Third Party Account Information”) may be transmitted into your account with us if you authorize such transmissions, and that Third Party Account Information transmitted to the Service is covered by this Policy.
- We may ask for additional information such as age, gender, and interests. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. For example, we showcase personalized magazines and articles based on the interests you’ve selected.
- When you send gift cards or subscriptions, we may collect the information you provide about the gift recipients, including names and email addresses. We will use such information to fulfil your requests, provide the relevant service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- The personal information we collect allows us to respond to your requests, improve our products and services, customize the advertising and content you see, and communicate with you about new products.
- If you do not want to receive emails from us, you may opt-out of Company’s marketing and promotional messaging by changing the ‘Email Preferences’ under ‘My Account after logging in to your Parents ePaper account. However, while you maintain an account with Company, you will not be able to opt-out of emails that send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personally identifying information for any purpose.
- i. We receive and store certain types of information whenever we interact with the service. The company automatically collects information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the name and identity of your computer, mobile device and other devices, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, connection speed, and locale information based on IP address. To the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. The Site collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of user visits to our website and its components, which magazines are added to the cart, which contests you’ve participated in, and which magazines and articles are accessed through the service. The length and time a user may spend reading those magazines and articles. We use this information to give a personalized experience to our users and also improve our services. For instance, if you add a magazine to your cart and the payment fails due to some reason, we may send you an e-mail to complete the purchase with an alternate payment method.
- We also collect information about your purchases and activities on the Service, which we may use to present you with offers that we believe may be of interest to you. As part of this use of information, we may provide non-personally identifying, aggregate information to our Participating Publishers and other third parties about how our users, collectively, use the Service.
- We send push notifications to our apps after getting consent from our users. These push notifications inform users about the latest offers, new issues going live, personalized magazines and articles. The users can disable push notifications anytime.
- We also track your interactions to our marketing initiatives such as which emails you have clicked and which push notifications you have tapped on, to understand your interests and improve our services.
- If you win any of our contests which are conducted on our website/apps, we will need basic details from you such as Name, Email address, Mailing Address and Phone number to send the gifts to you.
- You have the right to be forgotten by Parents ePaper. You can Deactivate your account by visiting ‘Edit My Profile’ under ‘My Account’ and clicking on ‘Deactivate my account’. We’ll deactivate your account and delete all your data from our database within 30 days from the time we receive your deactivation request.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer or device to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages on our website are visited and by how many people.
- Sharing of your personal information
Personal Information will only be shared by Company to provide or improve our products, and services, and to contact you about our services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Security of your personal information
We allow you to limit access to your account via a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third-party site or service. You are responsible for ensuring against unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanisms appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to encrypt your Personal Information during transmission. However, because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Company cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information in its possession or the security of its servers or databases. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
In the unlikely event that the Company believes that the security of your Personal Information in its possession or control may have been compromised, Company may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, Company may notify you by email, messaging to your device, or other means within 72 hours of data compromise.
- Personal information you can access
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information: email address, name, location and marketing preferences. This list may change as the service changes. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at [email protected]
You can add or update certain personal information on your accounts, such as your name and email address. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
Upon your written request to [email protected], we will remove your personal information from our active user database provided that (a) you are current with all payment obligations, (b) we do not believe it reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action, and (c) we are under no obligation to retain such information. Please be aware that any unfulfilled subscriptions may be cancelled without a refund and you will have to re-register in order to use the service. It is your responsibility to request a refund from us.
- Changes to this policy
- Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy in connection with the service, please send us a detailed message at [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Our Contact Information
P.O Box 50795 – 00200
City Square, Nairobi, Kenya
St Michaels Rd off Church Rd,