Mamamke Bobo is an online cooking sensation thanks to her Facebook group Upishi Zone where she turns seemingly everyday food into a work of and a little piece of heaven if we do say so ourselves! She shared this hearty chicken recipe with us for mother’s day and bonus tip: it can still be used to celebrate loved ones on any other occasion. Thank us later!!
- 1 Full Chicken
- Garlic and ginger
- 3 large Onions
- 3 Tomatoes cut into cubes
- Salt &black pepper to taste
- Garam Masala
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tbs of Lime or lemon juice or white vinegar
- In a sufuria combine the chicken, I chopped onion, tomatoes, all the spices and add the vinegar or lime or lemon juice and mix.
- Put on medium heat and cover for 15 min. Uncover and let the mixture cook until the broth thickens.
- On a separate pan, fry the remaining chopped onions until they’re golden brown.
4. Once the both thickens completely or the mixture is almost dry, add a tablespoon of tomato paste, the golden brown onions and about half a cup (125 ml) of cooking oil and mix.
5. Cook covered for 5minutes on medium to low heat. Thereafter, add in some dhania for garnish, stir and serve.
Chicken is such a versatile food that can be eaten with any side dish. This is Mamake Bobo’s recommendation. Peel some potatoes and chop them into wedges. Boil them for 7 minutes in a mixture containing water, turmeric, rosemary, salt and garlic. Drain them then deep fry in hot oil until crispy on top.
Lay them on paper towel to drain extra oil then sprinkle on top a paprika, salt and garlic powder blend.