Have you been looking for a way to spice up your breakfast ? Well we are giving you this alternative; from your usual sweet potatoes, arrow roots, mandazis and that boring bread. Try out this Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Recipe.
- 2 cups oat flour (ground up oats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T maple syrup + more for topping, if desired
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- coconut oil for pan
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine greek yogurt, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract and 1 T maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- If batter is too thick add in a bit more almond milk.
- Spray or melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add a 1/3 cup of batter to form pancakes.
- Cook until all bubbles have popped (about 3 mins) & flip over for 1 min. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves.