Woman swallows engagement ring in her sleep
We have all have done some of the wildest things in our sleep, but nothing trumps what this Californian woman did. Jenna Evans, 29, had a nightmare which involved a
We have all have done some of the wildest things in our sleep, but nothing trumps what this Californian woman did. Jenna Evans, 29, had a nightmare which involved a “high speed train, bad guys and swallowing engagement ring”. While the high speed train and the bad guys were figments of her imagination, she really did swallow her 2.4 carat diamond ring in her sleep.
In a hilarious Facebook posts, she says that she remembers swallowing the ring but she thought that was part of the dream. The next morning however, she could not find her ring anywhere, and that is when it occurred to her that she might have actually swallowed her ring. She immediately contacted her mum and her fiancé, who did not believe her at first.
“We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half,” she wrote.
It is only after going to the hospital that it dawned on them how serious the whole situation was.
“At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous,” she says. The ring is around 1.7cm in diameter.
An x-ray revealed the ring sitting in her stomach, much to the shock of the doctors. They decided to retrieve it instead of letting nature take its course. The doctors retrieved it through upper endoscopy, which involves inserting a thin instrument or ‘scope’ with a light and camera at its tip through the mouth and down into the upper digestive tract.
Faced with the prospect of surgery, Jenna broke down.
“I cried a lot because I would be SO MAD if I died. I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell DAMNIT,” she wrote.
The surgery was successful, thankfully and she got her ring back after promising she would not swallow it again.
“It did not taste good! I would not recommend swallowing engagement rings to anyone else,” she jokes.