- 300g steaks
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 red pepper , sliced
- 1 green pepper , sliced
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 cheese slices
- 50g grated mozzarella
- 4 soft white sub rolls
- American mustard and ketchup, to serve
- Remove the excess fat from the steaks.
- Cut each steak in half and transfer to the freezer and freeze for 40 mins.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan or casserole dish set over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, peppers and a pinch of salt and fry for 20 mins, or until the onions turn into a golden brown colour.
- Add the vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes. Season to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your steak into thin slices and separate them into our portions.
- Heat a skillet over a high heat then put one portion of the steak slices in the pan Fry for 3 mins over a high heat until some of the steak is cooked through, with pink bits remaining.
- Spread a quarter of the onion mixture and a quarter of the cheese slices and Mozarella on top of the semi-cooked steak.
- Cook undisturbed over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until the meat is brown and crisp around the edge and the cheeses have melted.
- Split one of the rolls open and carefully scoop the meat and cheese mixture into it.
- Repeat with the process with the remaining meat and cheese.
Salt beef club with Cajun fries
- 1 big potato , cut into thin chips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chopped chive
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 slices white or brown bread , lightly toasted
- 2 radishes , thinly sliced
- 1 baby or ½ avocado , sliced
- 2 slices salt beef
- couple Little Gem lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Place the potato chips on a non-stick baking tray, toss with oil and Cajun seasoning, then spread out.
- Put the tray in the oven for baking and make sure to turn the chips every for 20-25 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Add seasoning.
- Mix the mayonnaise, chives and mustard in a small bowl and season.
- Sandwich the mixture between 2 of the slices of bread.
- On top of the slices add add the salt beef and lettuce and add another slice on top.
- Serve as a side dish for the fries.
- few thick slices chicken or turkey breast
- small handful salad leaves
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- handful crisps, to serve, if you like
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- Heat grill to High and cook the bacon, turning halfway through, until crisp.
- Toast the bread and spread one slice with the mayo.
- Layer on the egg, tomato and bacon, then top with another slice of bread.
- Add the chicken or turkey, bacon, then lettuce.
- Finish with the final slice of bread and cut into quarters.
- Secure with cocktail sticks and serve with crisps, if you like.