Preparing lamb is an experience many prefer to pass. This meat can be challenging to prepare for its peculiar taste for the picky eater. However, with the right amount of spice mix and herbs, you are sure to make lamb your new favorite. Enjoy this easy to prepare lamb kebabs dish, perfect for a starter.
Time: Marinating 6 hours, Cooking 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ cup finely minced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon chili flakes
For the dipping sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tin (250 g) tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cut the 500g of lamb meat into cubes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and cover the meat with the liquid in a dish for 6 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
- Put about 8 cubes on each kebab skewer. (use either bamboo or steel skewers) Arrange kebabs on a hot grill and brush any remaining marinade over the kebabs. Drizzle oil if you wish. Cook each side for 5 minutes as you test using a sharp knife if the meat is cooked.
- For the dipping sauce, mix the vinegar, barbeque sauce, and 1 tin (250 g) tomato puree. Squeeze the lemon juice and add brown sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes in a saucepan and remove. Let cool and serve alongside the kebabs.