SUN SAFETY RULES
Will you be out in the beach this holiday season or spending a lot of time outdoors? If so, observe these safety
Will you be out in the beach this holiday season or spending a lot of time outdoors? If so, observe these safety rules:
• Avoid the sun between 11am and 3pm, when the UV rays are strongest.
• Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you go outside, even when it is overcast, and always reapply after swimming, sweating and exercising, even if your sunscreen says it is waterproof.
• Wear clothing that has a close weave (if you can see through the cloth it won’t offer much protection).
• Beware of reflected sun. Sand, concrete and water all reflect back sun burning rays.
• Stay in the shade as much as possible.
Buy a copy of the December issue to read this and many more